Friday, June 23, 2006

friday night comfort

My hands smell of celery.

I have peeled and chopped some celeriac, 2 types of sweet potato – red (kumara) and orange, and scrubbed some baby Nicolas.

The oven is cranked up high and the vegetables have been tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper, and have been put in to bake.

I smelt a baked potato on my tram journey home from work a few days ago and the desire for a fluffy, thick skinned, jacket potato assailed me. This won’t be quite the same, though it will be at least as satisfying.

In a moment I will cook Stephanie Alexander’s Buttery Leeks to add a bit of lushness to the meal.

Then I will sit and devour these hot pockets of goodness, in a warm house and feel very happy.

Here’s to (hopefully) a healthy and happy weekend. Just one more sleep and I reckon I’ll be ready to rejoin the real world again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet