Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The 1 week wheat-free challenge: Day 4

Fruit salad with raw pistachios.

Salad: mixed greens (rocket, beetroot leaves, parsley), leftover roast potato, tuna, real mayonnaise.

Dried apricots.

Pelecing style sambal of mixed Asian greens (lots!) and tofu, with rice.

Fluid: fresh orange and lemon juice, 1 espresso, water, 1 glass of wine (well the bottle was still open).

Notes: Turned down the chance to go to Babka for lunch. I just couldn’t risk the temptations of one of my favourite bakeries.

Here's a pic is of yesterday's ice cream. Made from rice starch and egg yolk, with coeliac friendly other bits it tastes surprisingly good.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Antoinette said...

My word. I must get me some of that. I can never tolerate normal icecream, and haven't eaten any in years due to great discomfort. That one looks mighty approachable.

Procured from?

2:31 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Maria's pasta in Nicholson St but check out the website (turn the sound off on your computer first their cheesy theme song drove me nuts!) as they have lots of outlets in our neck of the woods. I think the convenience store closest to me sells it - I've never looked in the freezer in that shop before. How will I cope if they have chocolate and mango flavours in stock? Oh I know how I can restrain myself - the price!

2:39 pm  
Blogger Ann ODyne said...

FoodNAZI - meet SaltNAZI

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1030647/Condiment-nazis-Send-salt-mines.html

10:06 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Hey - I LIVE with the salt nazi. Am on a strict ban on adding the stuff while cooking and if my hand goes near the fish sauce, tamari or vegetable stock powder while I cook I get a very stern look.

Then the silly bugger goes out and eats a restaurants and comments on how nice everything tastes...aghhhhhhh!

10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet