Sunday, June 29, 2008

The 1 week wheat-free challenge: Day 2

Oats soaked in soy milk with rhubarb and apple compote and a ‘corn thin’ crumbled on top for crunch.

Salads from David Jones: Traditional Nicoise and Italian bean.

Mandarin.

Vegetarian lasagne: gluten-free pasta sheets, Greek “fasting cheese” (dairy-free), tomatoes, olives and lots of vegetables.

Schoc chocolate: lemon and pepper, lime and chilli.

Fluids: 1 espresso, water.

Notes: Really wanted sushi for lunch but needed to bring my own tamari (as a wheat-free option to soy sauce) or got without the salt hit. The lasagne was another of the SE’s cooking experiments. Neither of us were totally sure about whether we liked the cheese. Schoc chocolate was delicious!.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann ODyne said...

weekend papers had report of 'Chocenstein' quest by Mars confectionery.
apparently they are analysing the dna of it

I would have thought Kikkoman or Tamari would not have wheat in it?

People insist to me that wheat aggravates arthritis.
bon appetit!

4:34 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Tamari is wheat-free, unlike soy (kikkoman etc) and shoyu) and I've always preferred the flavour.

I don't have arthritis but my joints ache when I eat too much wheat, so maybe it would help you. Sometimes people try doing the rotation diet thing where the foods they think affects them are limited to one serve no more frequently than every 4 days. Cutting out the nightshades really does work!

4:53 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow. where does one buy such delicious looking chocolate?

5:21 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Laura - New Zealand. I'm just glad I didn't end up on "Border Security" smuggling it back in :)

I've got some links in this post http://confessionsofafoodnazi.blogspot.com/2008/01/tasting-new-zealand.html

Actually with the exchange rate so good I might find out how much it would cost for them to send a bulk order.

5:31 pm  
Blogger Ann ODyne said...

This time I arrived here from Sunnybrae's website.
I had not noticed your link to them before, but I sure noticed their link to you.
I am house-sitting for a chef who (it seems) is touring all the cooking schools in Europe prior to starting one in Colac.

I won't buy fresh bread today.
Have you seen 'Ratatouille'?
it is a lovely film
bon appetit!

2:08 pm  
Blogger GS said...

I'd love to do Sunday lunch at Sunnybrae, though the long standing meat and wheat-free restrictions would make it difficult for a set meal.

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet