Monday, June 30, 2008

The 1 week wheat-free challenge: Day 3

Porridge with rhubarb and apple compote, soy milk.

Mandarin.

Spanish omelette: potato, onion, garlic, olives stuffed with sun dried tomato, eggs, and parsley.

Pan fried baby snapper (dusted with cornflour), roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary, salad (rocket, tomato, cucumber, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Dairy-free (gluten and soy-free) vanilla ice cream with warm sour cherries in light syrup (thickened with arrowroot).

Fluids: 1 brandy, 1 sauv blanc, 1 espresso, water.

Notes: After a couple of weeks of too much eating out both the SE and I have been craving home cooked food. He came home today with two of the freshest baby snappers I have ever seen. We’d usually bake whole fish but the chef was feeling a little whimsical. The non-wheat flour worked well and the skin was crispy. Not to be outdone I whipped up an impromptu dessert.


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Antoinette said...

that ice-cream sounds divine! Your omelette looks wonderful too. In fact, that's what I'll do for lunch today.

I'm just recording my dairy-free efforts now.

11:42 am  
Blogger PhotoVentura said...

Hey there, love your blog - I am wheat-free 100% of the time these days and it's easy once you get the hang of it! I really enjoy my food and have fun sharing it with friends, probably even more so because I feel so gooood in a wheat-free world. If you want some more wheat-free ideas, check out http://yum-oh.blogspot.com/search/label/Wheat-free

12:01 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Thanks to you both. Doc - will post about the ice cream soon. Though the last thing is to add sugar into my life, it is so nice finding something commercial that is yummy and I can eat it.

Howdy Kyle - keep up the good work!

12:07 pm  
Blogger The Awakened Heart said...

Ok - that absolutely settles it. I have to have you come live with me for... well ever. I get SO stumped trying to come up with good, healthy and appealing food to cook that my whole family can eat. Your blog is just such an eating inspiration. I think I'm going to have you come up with a week of simple food recipes to nourish us all back to health :0)

7:09 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Thank DM :) Glad you are finding it inspiring.

8:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet