Wednesday, February 18, 2009

blogging when I should be cleaning and packing

I have been very remiss.

And I am sorry to report things are not quite back to normal.

There was this of course, quickly followed by this.

Sadly there has been a lot more that February has thrown at the SE and me. Between us, amongst our friends and family there has been: three deaths, one just-been-diagnosed-with-a-life-threatening-illness, one having-brain-surgery-and-in-ICU and the usual, mundane business and family stresses.

The effect of all this has been something I have rarely experienced.

I lost my appetite for a week or two!

Imagine that.

I’d like to report I am newly transformed to sveltness but as it has been coupled with major inactivity, that is not the case.

To remedy all this I am going camping. Unfortunately it is paradoxically in a part of the country that appears to be under water.

In the meantime – the tiny backyard keeps producing yummy morsels, despite the hell-on-earth weather god’s best attempts to thwart them.





Hopefully there will be more left to harvest, to sate my reinvigorated appetite, when I get back in a few days.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Johanna GGG said...

your harvest looks cheering but am sorry to hear that you have had some difficult times - enjoy your camping and take it easy

1:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to check in on you and see how you were doing. My heart goes out to you. Hope you find some peace while out camping. Hang in there. Thinking of you and sending good energy from half-way around the world.

Melissa

9:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet