Saturday, March 17, 2007

cornucopia




On market day an unexpected delivery arrived. A long promised $30 box of seasonal fruit from a farm on the Murray. Freshly picked, a tray of fruit weighing half my body weight arrived bearing quinces, pears, apples, peaches, grapes and some home preserved peaches as well. Along with the apples and peaches from the market and grapes from our own vine there is rather a glut of goodness this week.

Not sure whether there is enough quinces to make paste, but at least the apples and pears will last a while longer. Anyone got any dairy free peach (or quince) ideas they'd for me?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love poached quinces. You treat the quinces as you would pears. The only difference in that quinces need 4 or so hours of cooking and they tend not to suffer for more.

5:53 pm  
Blogger JahTeh said...

Is it just me or did the plum season last only a few weeks this year? I love stewed spiced plums.

5:41 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Plums seemed to only be plentiful for a few weeks this year. Maybe the birds are hungry?

6:11 pm  
Blogger stickyfingers said...

Hi AOF!

PG and I are starting a forum & companion website that will list suppliers of seasonal boxes, farmgates etc and I was wondering where your fruit box came from so we can list it?

If you prefer, you can email me from my blog profile - cheers! S

12:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet