Thursday, January 22, 2009

Australian food on KCRW

There’s a lovely informal chat, which you can watch or listen to online, from a recent edition of KCRW’s “Good Food” all about Aussie food. KCRW is one of the best public radio stations in the world, coming out of California and I podcast the show religiously (long before I was ever interviewed on it).

Evan Kleiman talks to Luke Mangan, Curtis Stone and Mark Olive (as well as some Austrian bloke talking about King Island cheeses). It’s worth a watch, as an Aussie for the in-jokes or for those beyond Australasia who want know more about this odd cuisine Australians call their own. The video shows laid back lads being typically Strine. It would make me homesick, only I actually live here!

Watch the video

PS: What am I doing lounging about watching vodcasts in the middle of the afternoon when I should be doing loftier things? Well, the weather is unbelievably foul, avert your eyes Northern Hemisphere folks, thought it is only 34c it is windy and sticky and most unpleasant. I also managed to find gold in my lunch two days ago, which might have been a good thing in this current economic climate had it not come from my own gold repository aka the crown on one of my molars. I've waited over 50 hours to get in to see my dentist to correct the problem (only 90 minutes to go!) and any distraction from an exposed nerve is gratefully received.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Antoinette said...

ooh! Hope your tooth is all fixed up now? Not. Pleasant.

9:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet