Wednesday, October 01, 2008

what you wish for

I asked for spring.



And I got it…hayfever and all.

I asked for fresh green vegetables to eat straight from the garden.



And I got Brussels spouts.
A season too late but neither of us had any idea how they grew before.

Then last week I was at David Jones salivating over the bone china, as I do. I coveted some lovely little coffee cups in the Sarah’s Garden range.

I decided that I could not justify the expenditure (capitalism is on the brink of imploding, there is only so long I can live on baby Brussels sprouts).

Then on Saturday while en route to my lovely football-free lunch, I spied an older version of the cups in a junk shop. They have a green background with butterflies rather than the current blue, botanical style but they were sweet none the less.



And they came to me for the meagre price of $6 each.

With the spring goddess reining her gifts down upon on, what are you wishing for?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger shula said...

Somewhere to live and a job.

Is that too much, do you think?

4:28 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Shula - not too much to wish for at all, actually very modest in the wishing department. Go for it!

6:40 pm  
Blogger Johanna GGG said...

I saw some retro villa and bosch chinaware in the acapulco range which really appealed to me - although I also would have to wish for a kitchen to fit all the kitcheware I covet!

6:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am wishing for Shula.

I've been lucky enough already this spring and would not want to push my luck.

9:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just some wind-free days to allow a few seedlings to take off and not dry out. Wishing for rain would be just completely out of the question.

9:57 am  
Blogger Antoinette said...

those cups and saucers are divine. These are the kind of things that get me (very) excited these days.

I wish I could get out more, actually.

Therefore, I also wish to have brekkie with you AOF. Yes, indeed, I will email you.

8:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet