Tuesday, November 27, 2007

more on mulberries

So I’m asked, when a generous donation of mulberries fell on my lap, what did I do:

I could have made mulberry:
Muffins
Upside down cake
Pie
Mousse
Cobbler
Jam (not enough unfortunately)
Scattered them fresh on muesli
Mixed them into a fruit salad
Warmed them through in a bit sugar syrup and had them on (dairy-free) vanilla ‘ice cream’


No.

Instead I just ate them :)

But if more are to come my way, I’m thinking warm upside down cake for sure!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ed Charles said...

Did you manage to get the stains off your fingers?

4:23 pm  
Blogger GS said...

yes - I am a virgo. We never have stains on our fingers for long :)

5:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd just eat them too. I'd have all sorts of other intentions, but they'd be eaten way too quickly to actually be cooked with . . .

6:37 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

Much better.

The cake does, however, sound like a very fine idea.

7:32 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

Mulberries are an absolute favourite for me, steeped in childhood memories of climbing onto the garden shed and gorging on them off the branches that hung over our backyard. And getting in so much trouble for stuffing them into my pockets... oh the stains!

8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet