Thursday, June 03, 2010

hello winter- a quickie

I’m off food at the moment (see last post), am now in second week of feeling NQR (not quite right) digestively speaking

The above point makes any attempts at blogging a tad boring

Despite that – things I am loving right now

• Golden Kiwi fruit – from my homeland (slight guilt re: food miles)
• Mandarins – at least they are local!
• Buying the above fruit from a fifth generation Vic Market stall. Not organic but some is home grown and spray-free. You know the one, the fourth generation trader is often hanging out the back smoking err “herbal cigarettes”.
• Herbal tea – my tummy tea du jour is mint, chamomile and liquorice, very soothing
• Autumn colours. Ok I know its winter but the colours are still fab.

What’s are you loving?

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann ODyne said...

I have kiwi-fruit allergy. full-on anaphylactic reaction. They arrived here in 1981, I will never forget. Of course they were delicious.

I am loving Autumn too, always do.
Golden Delicious apples.
and loving Shepherding a dozen chickens till Spring.
and eggs, I am enjoying eating fresh happy guilt-free eggs.

11:06 am  
Blogger Zoe said...

I am loving that Owy fixed the heater, and I'm loving crunchy leaves underfoot.

But mainly - and I promise I'm not saying this just to tease - I'm loving that our feijoa tree is bearing heavily for the first time!

7:36 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Feijoas - I want!!!!! I was thinking lately that NZ does the best autumn fruit (feijoas, tamarillos, kiwi...and there was always lots of rhubarb too). Enjoy the bounty Zoe.

Ann - that's a pity. I didn't realise they arrived so recently to these parts. Glad you have a pleasant winter home.

7:55 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

Summer is just starting up here and I'm loving:
* The million or so different shades of green that are about just now.
* Smells. In the frozen months there are no outdoor odours at all.
* Raw asparagus.
* Tomatoes.
* Long days. The sunsets at 10pm and rises at 4am just now.

5:03 am  
Blogger GS said...

Wow Wendy, thanks for giving us a taste of the big thaw :) I'd not thought about smell (after all my only northern hemisphere winter was spent in London, not a place associated with pleasant aromas). Enjoy your Scottish light and delicious flavours.

8:26 am  
Anonymous Megan said...

Autumn has always been my favorite season. The trees have the best colors during autumn. Just like in your photo there (which I love btw).
I'm sad that autumn is over :(

3:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet