Thursday, July 19, 2007

more turmeric


In my previous post I mused on the joys of fresh turmeric. Though we are lucky to get this herb at all, I mentioned that it was rather hairy old grandchildren that came our way. This morning at Vic Market Organics, fresh from the grower, is some beautiful, young turmeric. Such an example leaves no doubt it is a zingiberaceae (member of the ginger family).

Sorry for those trying to source it in other places, just keep asking your suppliers. For Melbournites, this little organic darling is yours for the price of $22/kg (much cheaper than garlic at this time of year).

Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post on Weekend Herb Blogging. I have just read some of you food blog, and find it very interesting. I will subscribe to your feed and look forward to your writing. I was also very happy to find some fresh Tumeric in Rockhampton Woolworth’s $9.98 kg. I was very excited about this as we struggle to get such produce up here.

6:02 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Thanks John, I'm glad you are liking the blog. Good score on the turmeric too!

6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet