Sunday, June 03, 2007

rose petal cordial

Reading an old travel diary I came across the recipe for one of the most beautiful drinks I have ever had. I drunk it high up in the mountains on a summer’s day. Try it, at least once, before you die!

Ren’s Rose Petal Cordial

Pack a clean jar with freshly picked roses. Choose blooms that are fully opened, almost about to drop. Pluck each petal and pack them vertically in the jar. Cover with vodka. Once a day, for 3 days, strain the vodka and discard the petals. Replace with fresh petals and cover once again with the same vodka. Sweeten to taste with sugar syrup.

I’m still waiting for a good supply of organic roses, grown away from the city air – to make it myself. For those of you in the North lucky enough to have roses in bloom, enjoy!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Very proudly growing roses in my garden this year. Will be sacrificing a few to this cordial, most definitely.

5:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet