Saturday, October 14, 2006

snack attack

Almost too ridiculously healthy AND scrumptuous for words, my latest favourite snack combo:

Take a slice or two of the best bread in the world - Natural Tucker's Schwartzbrot. This is 100% rye, with that sourdough tang and a hint of caraway seeds. Its chewy, filling and am guessing it must put those other loaves to shame that have the odd grain in them and claim to be 'low GI'. Nothing beats it.

Spread with a hefy amount of some freshly made parsley pesto. The avocado makes it creamy, the lemon rind and garlic gives it some zest and the pistachios contrast the green with vibrant purple.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great. I used to buy bread from Natural Tucker when I lived near their bakery - must try it again. I notice they're selling it in some local delis.

4:10 pm  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

This sounds fabulous. Perfect for my diet if I could find bread like that here! I love the idea of pesto with parsley.

10:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks unbelievably scrumptious! YUUUUM!

7:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet