Thursday, May 23, 2013

expectations

Life is too short to cry over undercooked congee...


Or blog about it.

But firstly, a little moan.

You're a great neighbourhood cafe and an excellent bakery.

So it's admirable that you make an effort to have a seasonal vegan and gluten-free option on your breakfast menu. The brown rice congee with tofu and mushrooms sounded great.

And could have been really enjoyable if...you hadn't called it congee.

Chewy, barely cooked medium grain rice just aint rice porridge.

Tasty. But not congee.








Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Amanda @ Gourmanda said...

Oh wow, I think you need to name and shame!

9:42 am  
Blogger GS said...

I have such a resistance to dissing my local haunts. Let's just say that I had to console myself with with one of their freshly baked escargot. This time my expectations soared and excelled!

10:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet