Wednesday, September 12, 2012

at the Paralympics I ate...

 A sandwich*. But it wasn’t about the food.

 It was about…






An unexpected surprise to get a golden ticket to go up The Orbit

 
On a spectacular 26c London day.

We could see for miles.


Olympic park was golden at sunset.


And the stadium full to capacity with 80,000 spectators (minus the Royal Box which was conspicuously empty). We sat in row 5, opposite the long jump, feasting on a night of track and field events. While the audience went wild every time Team GB was in a final, it was a good-natured audience, spurring every contestant on.


The perfect way to end an amazing 4 week Europe-Extravaganza.

* I ate a record number of pre-made sandwiches in London full stop. I’d forgotten what a British institution they are. 









Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Johanna GGG said...

I hate pre-made sandwiches in the UK - the bread is usually either soggy or dried!

Glad you are having a good trip

10:07 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Ah don't get me started on sandwiches. Though I did have the odd better quality one, I was most affronted to get an egg sandwich with absolutely no yolk.

I'm back now and the trip was great :0

11:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet