Saturday, March 31, 2012

stasis: are food blogs over?

The Amateur Gourmet recently asked if food blogs are over? He concluded:

Food blogs aren’t over, but they’ve fallen into a kind of stasis.

Ahem. Yup. Case in point.

Life, inertia and many other things are greater than my desire to cook/eat/blog right now.

So why blog?

I love having all my recipes archived. In fact, the cook’s journal is my motivation to blog The biggest reason I’ve not migrated the blog to a swisher platform is purely because I can’t face loosing and recreating my drop down search index (on the right side). I use it if not daily, then weekly, to remember how I made that great curry or even the dipping sauce for gyoza.

But until the next shift in my psyche, this site is in siesta mode. Not closed for business, just on sabbatical.

In the meantime, no doubt silly thoughts and sights like this will likely end up on twitter or fester in iphotos.

Brunswick Street, Fitzroy: I love it that MFK Fisher is the hottest!

Or worse…not get recorded at all.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day AOF- this clip made me think of your question, wish someone would take the mickey with bloggers in the same way http://youtu.be/LR0S50G4DqA

2:21 pm  
Anonymous Amanda said...

See you in the Twitterverse, Gill!

2:24 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Steve to quote Kimmie, "It's over, O, V, A, over".

3:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha me likee!

3:33 pm  
Blogger Johanna GGG said...

I thought of you the other day when I saw a spectacular spelling error in a menu - will miss your sharp observations and your finger on the pulse links but am glad you have a cooks journal at your fingertips - I hope this blog isn't dead, merely sleeping

9:56 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Johanna tell us the spectacular spelling error?

8:55 am  
Anonymous TravelJunkie said...

Life, inertia and many other things are greater than my desire to cook/eat/blog right now. ~well said.

12:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet