Sunday, March 06, 2011

a quickie from Sydney

It's official. I'm in love.

Weekending in Sydney en route to a quiet beach on the mid North coast, I've managed to clock up at least two blogworthy food experiences in the last 12 or so hours.

Number one was a degustataion at Oscillating Wildly. Eight courses, including the most sublime sweet treats, for $100 is a special night out but worth it. They worked around my food intolerance issues with aplomb, serving a pescaterain feast. I flagged a little towards the end. After all eating for three and a half hours is a tad exhausting. I only just managed to pop a fresh marshmallow into my mouth before stumbling up the street before pumpkin hour.

Equally as orgasmic was this morning's jaunt to the Marrickville organic market. Food nazi heaven on a stick. Vibrant fresh produce, crispy corn fritters with kick arse chilli jam, handcrafted breads and a friendly vibe.




I'll be back in a bit. Enjoy the autumn weather while I'm gone.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Reemski said...

Oh I was just there at the markets! They're my local.

1:34 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Darn it, next trip I will be more organised!

7:26 pm  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Yes, well, Marrickville has changed a LOT since I lived there. I remember lots of junkies sidling up next to me on the bus, asking for money...and lovely old ladies in black telling them off!

9:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad you have NSW beach loveliness and am sorry to spoil the perfection of your mood by asking you to join me in horror at this - vegetarian couple denied adoptive child in Iraklios Crete.
If the UN was worth anything, they would be slamming that decision.
Ann O'D

1:32 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Lucy I think the old neighbourhood has become most yuppified.
Ann - that's outrageous. Though if I ruled the world there's a heck of a lot of prospective parents who'd fail to pass muster but certainly not the vegos!

6:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet