Tuesday, November 01, 2011

attention Melbourne foodbloggers: eat.drink.picnic

The weather forecast for Saturday is 30c, perfect for a picnic.

This is an open invite to all Melbourne Food bloggers who aren't heading north to eat.drink.blog #2 in Sydney, to come and picnic with other bloggers in sunny Nth Fitzroy, this Saturday.

This has been publicized through the Melbourne Food Bloggers group on Facebook but as not everyone has joined as yet, thought it'd be good to give a heads up here.

When?
5th November @12.30.

Why?
An opportunity to share homemade food, chat about eating, drinking and blogging and hopefully soak up some summer sun. Celebrate spring and include a fresh veggie dish to share. (To clarrify - this isn't a vego only event, just hoping that omnis can be inclusive and include a veg-friendly dish in their basket).

Where
North Fitzroy, comment/email me for exact location.

Don't forget a rug and sunblock, loved ones/families welcome.




Perfect for a picnic (and price of caulis willing) I'll be whipping up some of this. Over five years since I first made it, I'm utterly addicted to this dip and make it at least twice a month.

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

would love to come AOF, I think another catch-up is on the cards but unfortunately I canee make it-have agood one!
Cheers Steve

1:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds like fun! Could you email me and let me know the venue?

I'm 17catherines at gmail. And I will probably bring something sweet, because that's how I tend to work, but I can make it something sweet and vegan easily enough.

Ta,

Catherine

1:38 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Steve you still get an A for effort for even thinking about coming. Perhaps a Tassie picnic? Need a few months advance notice to gather the troops but calendar willing I'd be up for it.

Next time you're in town for a family visit and have a spare moment for a coffee/drink, let us know.

2:25 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Catherine, have emailed you, let me know if you don't get it. Look forward to meeting you.

2:48 pm  
Blogger K said...

Am going to try to make it, although slightly nervous about being vegan and gluten free at a omni potluck,

1:58 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Hi K, I think Cindy and Michael have done a good job in upping the vegan blogger attendee numbers. I'm bringing at least one thing vegan/GF :)

Sydney's eat.drink.blog this years seems very meat/omni biased so thought our little picnic down south should pay homage the vegetable to balance things out a little :)

Look forward to meeting you.

2:26 pm  
Blogger Cindy said...

Yay, see you there!

2:18 pm  
Blogger Mareelouise said...

Hi,
I'd like to try and get along...not sure what to make, but may veer in the sweet direction too...would be ace if you could shoot me the details mareehall at gmail.com

thanks :)

2:28 pm  
Blogger Mareelouise said...

Oops

can't even get my own address right, better make that maree dot hall

thanks : )

2:29 pm  
Blogger Elisa said...

How lovely! I would have loved to have come but will be out of town. Have fun and eat lots!!

4:14 pm  
Anonymous Lisa@uforicfood said...

Hi there!
I'd love to "like" the Melbourne Foodbloggers page on Facebook, but I can't seem to find it. Could you send me the link? I am in Geelong, but would really like to connect with other food bloggers in the same state.
Cheers,
Lisa @ Uforic Food

11:00 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Hi Lisa, I'm not an administrator of the group and it's invite only. Get in touch with Penny at Jeroxie (http://jeroxie.com/addiction/) as she holds the reigns.

8:15 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Melbourne is great for outdoor picnics. At the storage facility, I know of some of the staff who are into it. I think generally, Aussies are into outdoors, and I find that in Melbourne, it is not only about sports but also outdoor activities that involve food.

7:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet