Tuesday, October 04, 2011

solstice experiment update

Thanks everyone who visited Fishpond and helped me raise money for my favourite Australian charities.

Now a little over a year since I started this experiment the final amount raised through affiliate sales is $293.67. (Though it’d have been more if Fishpond didn’t halve their affiliation payment percentage halfway through!)

I’ve thrown in some of my own money to round the numbers up with a total of $400 donated as following:

$200 to the Smith Family’s Learning for Life program. I’ve long been a fan of what the Smith Family does in my own neighbourhood to break the poverty cycle.

$200 to Ian Thorpe ‘s Fountain of Youth. The Thorpedo is more than a pretty face; take a look at what he’s doing to empower learning in indigenous communities.

It’s probably no surprise that the most popular cookbook that you’ve clicked through and bought is Feel Good Food by Tony Chiodo.

Feel Good Food: Wholefood Recipes for Happy, Healthy Living

But in the last couple of months there's been a surge in popularity of The Edmonds (Sure To Rise) Cookbook.

Edmonds Cookery Book

Can anyone explain this?

Being able to shop, cook and blog about good food is such a privilege. I hope I never loose sight of that fact. Thanks again for your contribution.


Previous update.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Lucy said...

the fact that thrift is the new black, p'raps? a longing for old fashioned, simpler times?

yay!

11:38 am  
Blogger GS said...

Maybe it's a return to comfort food. It is a good basic cookbook for traditional Australasian foods. It's where I learnt how to make fairy cakes and other sugar and flour laden treats. I used to lust after the 60's children's birthday party spread!

1:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are these Edmonds...? And how come I have never heard of them? Must be some Kiwi Edmonds me thinks...?

4:04 pm  
Blogger GS said...

Edmonds make/made baking powder and was a brand in every NZ pantry for many generations. Their cookbook was the one from which I made many biscuits, cakes and slices from as a little girl (my mum being a bakers daughter had many recipes of her own).

If you know any Edmonds there could be a connection, the seed is scattered far and wide through the UK, USA, Australia and NZ if you read between the lines of this almost illiterate bit of family history here http://www.familytreecircles.com/ancestry-of-the-edmonds-baking-powder-fame-christchurch-23447.html

The company version is here http://www.edmondscooking.co.nz/history_brand.htm

7:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet