Sunday, April 03, 2011

lunch - one that got away

Last time I ate at Ume I arrived too late for my favourite scattered sushi and reverted to my previous lunch order of vegetable tempura.

As the previous post mentioned I find this way too much food to get through but skipping the rice makes it a little easier. Just found on old iphone shot of aforementioned meal.



The vegetable tempura bento: Miso soup, 5 pieces of freshly fried vegetable tempura, 2 cubes tofu, carrot/mayo based salad, 1 vegetarian nori roll, rice and dipping sauce. The photo doesn't do it justice, it's way bigger than it looks.

Still on the look out for CBD lunchtime haunts that are pescatarian/vego friendly, filling enough to get me through to a late finish at work and not sandwich based.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann ODyne said...

I decided that this comment -

I would suggest fish lovers get plenty in this week before the luminous water drifts our way from you-know-where. I am hoping the whales will glow in the dark and be saved from the harpoon as a result.

did not belong at the fish/olives/tomato recipe site.

I do love nori rolls and get the vego ones from the excellent Tower Sushi every time I pass through SoCross Station.

6:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet