Friday, July 23, 2010

more than about eating

This weekend I want to be in the moment.

When I peel the mandarin I want to breath in the fine spray of oils as they fly off the skin.

I want to taste the rose water in the Turkish delight.

I want to meditate on the honey-like sweetness of the dates.

I want to be at one with the shocking bitterness of our homegrown radicchio and observe the fresh walnuts, orange and fennel mediate the harshness when I toss them in a salad.

If wine is to be drunk, I want it to be mellow and aged (like that wonderful 11 year old shiraz I drank last weekend), sipped slowly with respect.

I want to remember what it feels like for my stomach to be fully empty, awake and ready before I am fed.

I want to eat more slowly and laugh more deeply.



What are your plans for the weekend?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Johanna GGG said...

oh you mindful eater, you! I love your aims - mine are to have some baking fun with my nieces - which probably involves lots of sugar and colour :-)

11:57 pm  
Blogger lisa said...

Oh, how lovely! Sounds like you are appreciating the slow... this weekend I feel fast! I want to work out loads and eat lots of super amazing fresh healthy food!!

9:52 am  
Blogger GS said...

Johanna nothing wrong with having fun :)

Lisa - am a little slower than I intended today after too late a night with friends...:)

10:34 am  
Anonymous MH Zurish Quiros said...

I want to savor every morsel of food I take and eat them at a liesurely pace... I want a real weekend!

12:27 pm  
Blogger Kath Lockett said...

What you said :)

2:37 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

Yep. That wine was a goodie.

I want all of this AND enough sunshine to allow me to walk to the veg patch and inspect my cauliflowers. Surely there are curds hiding beneath those leaves by now...

10:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet