Friday, April 25, 2008

roasted green beans and other inspirations

Inspired by a post on Got No Milk I roasted some green beans last night. I must admit that I hadn’t thought about cooking them this way til I came across it. Going the whole hog, I also prepared some wee organic brussels spouts, tossed them in olive oil and put them in a hot oven first. After 15 minutes I threw in the oil tossed beans. A further 10 minutes later I added a splash of balsamic vinegar and returned them to the oven for a couple of minutes. They were so good, even I enjoyed the sprouts!

Now I have managed to knock off one recipe I have earmarked while trawling the web, I thought I’d share what else is getting my taste buds excited in the hope of actually making them one day.

Number 1 is this luscious recipe from Heidi at 101 cookbooks for coconut macaroon pancakes. It must be heading towards winter because sweet things are starting to tempt me and these little darlings use coconut milk rather than dairy. I might pull back a bit on the honey though.

From the recent event, a neb at nut roast, Lisa’s mushroom nut roast in puff pastry caught my eye. Combining nuts, quinoa, dried tomatoes and a variety of mushrooms all rolled up in pastry it seems perfect for the chilly nights that are just around the corner.

Being a bit of a spudophile this Sydney Morning Herald potato and olive terrine is rather tempting, though might have to wait til the Significant Eater lifts the salt ban. Yes, I am not allowed to cook with salt at the moment which I am finding a tad restrictive.

Enjoying reading about the many dairy-free delights at Got No Milk but these almondy macaroons particularly peeked my curiosity. I’m starting to see a trend here!

That’s enough for now, really.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Johanna GGG said...

roasted green beans sounds great - and glad you are inspired by the neb at nut roast - the potato terrine looks interesting - but no salt is tough!

12:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your green bean inspiration sounds so yummy.

I love how we all get inspired by each other's blogs - my only problem is ... so many blogs, so little time!

11:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet