Saturday, June 30, 2007

the trouble with reality



I’m finding it very difficult to get back into cooking. It was only a couple of weeks, but the effect of not having to lift a finger to be fed three times a day can be very debilitating. Add to this the loss of one night’s sleep thanks to the joys of air travel and I am pushing it to even scrape together breakfast.

Dinner tonight is done already, whilst putting together a lunch of basmati rice with canned salmon and rocket (unimaginative I know but I had gone into rice withdrawals and a curry was far too complex to consider) a vegetable soup can be knocked up in the time it takes to boil rice.

So all I need to do is to count down the hours til the new Dr Who is on telly and to add a little gentle heat to the pot.

…though in my head I am lounging by the pool wondering where my next gado gado will come from.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Tend to be the opposite. By the final days of a holiday I'm dreaming of what I can cook when I get home!

8:36 am  
Blogger GS said...

Wendy I usually am too. Even a spate of eating out 3 times in a week would have me rushing home to steam some vegetables. Other than 2 meals that were richer and more aimed at a Western palate - the food was flavoursome but quite light and I could happily eat like that for another month. With a slightly different spice range, the Balinese and Sasak food was mostly made from scratch, like at home - so fresh and tasty. All that at a couple of dollars a go and no cleaning up afterwards! Winter food in Melbourne just seems a little dreary in comparison!

12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet