Saturday, February 26, 2011

how to be a food blogger - from the master

So many pin up boys, so little time.

I've been on a bit of a David Lebovitz binge of late.

For a good reason. This guy is a master.

If you write a blog, really any kind of blog, especially one about food, read his latest post on food blogging.

If you’re just looking to get a pile of people leaving comments, you may as well just post recipes that include a cup of corn syrup or tell readers that you recommend running a cast iron skillet through the dishwasher.


Happy reading.


Have you got a food writer crush?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ann ODyne said...

I like Davo already - if only for his 'skillet in the dishwasher' opinion.

Many people wonder why eggs and crepes stick to the pan.
Overwashing is the culprit. Wipe while hot with a paper towel, never put detergent near the surface.
Bon appetit.

11:24 am  
Blogger GS said...

My cast iron pan and dutch oven purchased in 1989 have lived through:
14 housemates
a handful of significant others, including three de facto BFs
numerous house guests

90% of whom thought I was mad saying "please don't clean with detergent"
50% did anyway
10% got yelled at by me

...that's a lot of re-seasonings along the way. But they've survived!

11:33 am  
Blogger Johanna GGG said...

Thanks for pointing out this post - v interesting reading - though these posts always are like someone saying their head is itchy and suddenly my head feels itchy too - I start gazing at my navel a little too much!

and I wasn't quite sure what the skillet in the dishwasher meant - not owning either! (though I have yelled at housemates about my le creuset)

4:17 pm  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Currently MAD-ly in lurve with Viana La Place. Unplugged Kitchen is inspiring, simple, spare, all the things I like. Her garden sounds like heaven.

Currently irritated by Jane Grigson for never writing a recipe that is even vaguely useful full, as it all is, with wads of butter and cream (oh, and pig).

10:37 am  
Blogger GS said...

Johanna -It'd be like posting "the perfect diet - loose weight by eating ice cream" to get attract traffic :)

Lucy - I've got to take a look at the unplugged kitchen.

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet