Saturday, November 21, 2009

morning in the kitchen

Shhhhh….can you hear it? This my friends is the sound of contentment. Not a whinge to be heard. Everyone in Melbourne has cooled off and is instantly happy.

For now.

Taking advantage of the break in the weather I’ve been digging out excess, and now very large, tomato seedlings and passing them onto new homes. Strangely the more I pull out the more there seems to be. If you want any – please bring a pot with soil as we’ve almost run out.

In return I have received a neighbourly bounty of lemons, mulberries and kaffir lime leave.





There are far too many better things to do than clean the strained and splattered kitchen!

Have a good weekend.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Conor @ HoldtheBeef said...

I discovered mulberries trees just up the street from my building the other day. I think a stealth reconnaissance mission is required.

2:25 am  
Blogger Christina said...

What did you decide to do with the mulberries?

12:31 pm  
Blogger GS said...

I made mulberry "I can't believe it's not icecream" (based on this recipe http://confessionsofafoodnazi.blogspot.com/2007/12/ice-cream-that-even-fruitarian-could.html). Just bananas, mulberries and about 2 tsp of rosewater.

It was a winner!

...and of course we ate many handfuls of them first before I got to save about a punnet-full for the icecream.

12:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet