Saturday, November 14, 2009

Apologies

Still too hot to cook. Explaining, not whining.

The mint has died and anything else edible in the garden has bolted. I have far too many self-seeded organic tomato seedlings desperately in need of new homes before the heat claims them (they are also getting a tad big and need to be weeded out and staked).

If you know me and are in the neighbourhood wanting to take some off my hands asap (this weekend) outside of the hottest part of the day, get in touch.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lucy said...

Well, count me in as a whiner. I mean, it's NOVEMBER. Poor Adelaide...

I'll take some toms when I see you!

2:10 pm  
Blogger Johanna GGG said...

The cool breeze this evening is lovely - too much sunshine for me and zinc and the plants.

I have a small tomato plant that is struggling to hold on so I have to see how it goes before I can claim to be a good home for tomato plants (esp with holidays coming up)

I have posted my nettle soup recipe - it was superb - thanks again for your weeds - and I have been to your victoria st vietnamese place - wonderful - a lot of mock meat - but loved the noodle soup

7:14 pm  
Blogger GS said...

SA sounds horrendous. Poor darlings! It's always worse somewhere...

Lucy will see you with the plants when we catch up today. With the size of your backyard and the amount of plants I have spare you could feed your entire suburb with them :)

Johanna, glad you enjoyed the nettles. I think you said even E liked them too. What a winner :) And the Vietnamese restaurant that doesn't add the msg and makes a real vego soup - glad you liked it. Haven't had any mock meat there though. Did you try the vego crispy pancakes?

8:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts

Awarded by Kitchenetta

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
Australian Food Bloggers Ring
list >> random >> join
Site Ring from Bravenet